PDA TileManager Home
PDA Tilemanager is a program to download and manage OpenStreetMap (OSM) MapTiles with your Windows Mobile PDA.
For my cycling activities I use a program named Run.GPS which can display a map with your current position and the route you are driving. Run.GPS can use OSM tiles for displaying its map. For this you can download the map tiles from within Run.GPS but it is not very comfortable if you want to download all map tiles along a route.
For this purpose I wrote PDA Tilemanager. It can read a GPX file with a route and then downloads all map tiles along this route. Additionally you can download a rectangular or circular area entered manually.
It can be used with many other programs which use OSM map tiles as for example OSMTracker.
The program requires .NET Compact Framework 2.0 or above to be installed.
- Runs on Windows Mobile Devices with .NET CF 2.0 or above.
- Desktop Version (Windows) available!
- Read GPX track with trackpoints and waypoints
- Direct support for Run.GPS (can read your training tracks directly)
- Download only tiles which lie along the track
- Download nearby tiles if a trackpoint is near the edge of one tile
- Download all tiles which lie in a bounding box around the track
- Download all tiles within a manually entered area
- Download all tiles within a circular area
- Update tiles on storage media
- Download only new tiles or redownload all tiles
- Runs on VGA and QVGA devices in portrait or landscape mode. (Should run also on WVGA and WQVGA)
- Graphical preview of Tiles which will be downloaded
- MapViewer to show your downloaded tiles
- GPS-Support in the MapViewer
If you find the program useful and use it regularly please make a donation. Thank you very much.
If you find any bugs or want to contact the author please mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org